All is bright Christmas layout.

7:00:00 PM

Hi, Jowilna here with another post for Couture creations featuring their wonderful dies. Today we are celebrating another day in our Christmas in July series of posts. Hope you have enjoyed the amazing projects the girls have done so far.Today i am sharing this quick layout I made using some of the fabulous Christmas dies that will be available soon at a store near you. I worked on a patterned paper background (and if you know me you might want to sit down for this moment - yes it's not white) and then added some simple coloured die cuts to add to the design of my layout.
I used the beautiful Birds and Branch  die and then  coloured them using dye ink and water. Once they were dry i inked the edges using a brown to add to the distressed worn look of my layout.
I also layered a second branch on top of the first for more texture
Next I used the Christmas Banners die and cut them using white cardstock followed by a colour treatment of blue ink and gold glitter.
I first coloured the banner and left it to dry really well. You can use your heat gun at this point to make double sure. TIP - any wet ink will also make the glitter stick to it in the next steps.
Use a glue pen and write on the cut wording part of the die. You want to make sure that this part stays in the cut out banner and not fall out.
TIP I use a strip of double sided tape to hold them in place at the back
Sprinkle glitter on top of the glue pen and then shake off the excess glitter back into the container. Wait for the glue pen to dry totally and then use on your layout
I also added some star elements to my layout. I used the Christmas star die and cut it using patterned paper. I then separated the inside stars and only used what i wanted from it. I inked the edges and then added some decorative gold sewing to the top
TIP Remember to keep all the other parts once you have cut your elements - it's amazing what you can do with the scraps
Enjoy your festive preparations with these wonderful dies from Couture Creations

wishing you a wonderfully creative festive week

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images