Mixed Media Block Using Mixed Media Art Mediums.

7:08:00 AM

When Prima launched the new Finnabair mixed media art mediums I think the entire mixed media and scrapbooking community were relieved to be honest! Here was something new and exciting and accessible to everyone – those who want to dabble in more adventurous waters or those who want to just play around with a bit more texture.
For me it is a bit of both – I want to be able to create mixed media pieces to experiment and play, but also to use it on my layouts, cards and Project Life cards. So today I created a mixed media block, working directly onto a piece of wood using my favourite art mediums from Prima and some additional embellishments.

 How I created the mixed media base of my block

STEP 1: I started off my applying a layer of Texture Paste White Sand, combined with some Modelling Paste Opaque white and some Gold Crackle texture Paste. I applied all 3 mediums using the same palette knife covering sections at a time and then overlapping them all to ensure full coverage of my wooden block.

 STEP 3: I used the Tea Stain Color Bloom mist to add colour to my chipboard clock and left it to dry.
 STEP 4: For my wooden black, I wanted to add colour so I used two colours of Color Bloom combined on top of the Modelling paste and crackle paste and sand texture paste – just liberally mist the block and leave it to dry completely.
  • TIP: Once the mists are dry, the surface feels a bit tacky, so I added a light spray of fixative to set everything and seal it in.

To finish off my block I added some Prima flowers and embellishments. To adhere everything to my block I used my Tombow Mono Multi – and it worked perfectly.

 A fun project completed in a few hours – with loads of texture and interest. I really loved working with these high quality products – perfect in every way.

 Have you used Prima’s mixed media art mediums yet? Please let me know what you created.

 Products Used

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images